by Dennis Devlin & John Wu
The Internet continues to be an extremely dangerous place, and both enterprises and individuals have become more dependent on it than ever before.
The COVID pandemic has forever changed:
• The way individuals purchase, learn and work from home
• The way companies deliver goods and services individuals depend on
• The defined physical and digital boundaries that once separated consumers from suppliers, students from educators, and employees from employers.
We have become digitally interdependent at a speed that has greatly exceeded our ability to do it both safely and reliably.
Cybersecurity focuses on protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of digital information.
The recent wave of ransomware attacks has threatened all of these and dramatically demonstrated our current inability to function safely and reliably over the Internet.
The White House has warned corporate executives and business leaders to step up security measures to protect against ransomware attacks after the large number of recent intrusions.
• The FBI Director has even compared the current situation to 9/11 in terms of its urgency.
• President Biden has issued an Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity and directed the private sector to make this an urgent priority.
Identifying, defining, and defending an organization’s cyber-attack surface is a prerequisite to effective cybersecurity, and something I learned during decades as a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for major corporations and universities. Every CIO and CISO has the same priority.
• Home networks have become an integral part of the cyber-attack surface of every organization that supplies goods and services over the Internet.
• Effective cybersecurity is a combination of changes to people, process and technology that reduce the potential risk of cyber-attacks.
• Gryphon offers a comprehensive home network security technology solution that combines a highly cost-effective mesh router, subscription security services and best-in-class usability that can significantly reduce home network security risk and associated support costs.
The US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is the Nation’s risk advisor, working with partners to defend against today’s threats and collaborating to build more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.
CISA has published a comprehensive checklist of steps that can be taken to improve home network security. We invite you to review this checklist (below) and see how Gryphon uniquely addresses each of these areas.
We then invite you to try our solution and consider recommending it to the individuals you serve and support. It’s a win for them, and it’s a win for you and your organization.
The CISA checklist includes steps to improve your wireless security. Follow these steps below to ensure the security of your wireless router.
Note: Consult your router’s instruction manual or contact your ISP for specific instructions on how to change a particular setting on your device.
10,212,167 (Feb. 2020) - 10,440,025 (Oct. 2019)
Pending Applications: 62432700, 62346566, 62300809, 62766628
With over 20 years of experience in networking technology and security, the Gryphon co-founders led the team that invented the revolutionary MiFi mobile hotspot technology. As much as we appreciate the benefits and convenience of being connected, we also deeply understand the associated threats.
Try the Gryphon router in your home risk-free for 90 days. If you don’t love it, send it back to receive a no questions asked refund. We’ll even cover the cost of return shipping!SHOP NOW